Potatoes. Corned Beef. Cabbage. Beer. All things that make you think about St. Patrick’s Day!
But Chef Bob never does anything normal. It’s all about mixing it up and adding our own little twist on it. So taking some of the best parts of St. Pat’s Day menu, he created his own Irish Bruschetta for easy making and eating. He served it up for all the folks at his demo at the North Texas Irish Festival 2015. But if you missed his demo, you can still get your one-on-one with this video from Fox Good Day.
CnC Bruschetta Recipe
(Corned Beef n Cabbage Bruschetta)
Equipment needed: Measuring Utensils, Chef Knife, Cutting Board, Skillet, Wood Grill, Oven
1 Baguette, sliced
½ cup Garlic Butter
¼ cup Garlic Aioli (garlic mayonnaise)
8 ounces Corned Beef Brisket
2 cups Red Apple Braised Cabbage
¼ cup Irish Porter/Stout infused Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2 tbsp Green Onions-sliced thin on a bias cut
- Reheat red apple braised cabbage in a small skillet on the stove, or in your microwave oven. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Slice baguette in ½” pieces on a bias cut to create crostini. Coat one side with garlic butter and place on wood grill (butter side down only) for 30 to 45 seconds to lightly grill and mark. Remove and let cool let cool.
- Place your corned beef on the grill just long enough to mark and add flavor. Remove from the heat and slice thin.
- Coat the buttered side of each crostini with a small amount of aioli. Top with corned beef and infused shredded cheddar. Place on a baking sheet.
- Toast bruschetta just long enough to melt the cheddar. Remove from oven.
- Top with hot cabbage and garnish with sliced green onion. Serve immediately.